Monday, July 12, 2010

So ends the hiatus


Let’s work backwards.

My last post was on May 19. My last entry into the lovely diary I keep by my bed was June 10. Did I have a car accident? Did I have a baby? Why does my mind go to both those extremes? (Probably because I am reading 'We Need to Talk About Kevin'.)

No, I am happy to say that, by and large, no real hideous dramas befell me, just your garden variety ones BUT my creative output in other areas of life went into jet propulsion motion and I walked away from a media course I did confused about the kind of (wanker alert!) online presence a professional writer like myself should have.

I was told and was convinced that a more formal, writer-for-sale blog was required, that I should Twitter only for business and that I shouldn't say anything on Facebook I wouldn't mention before a table full of colleagues in the office. The result? I stopped all communications.

Offline, in the world where real oxygen is required, I was pumping out so many words, strategies and 'concepts' for new (much appreciated) clients and the now-in-production magazine I am working on that the idea of either recounting those days to myself in my diary OR banging on here about other topics was just the straw that would break this slapper's back.

Now I am feeling slightly re-energised; I attended July’s Year Of The Novel class at The Wheeler Centre on Saturday where author, Andrea Goldsmith, popped in to take questions on her book, Reunion, which had been a set text.

Thing to note! She reads for two hours every morning before she does anything else. Ah, the pressure!

I came home and got straight onto my homework, a technique called CLUSTERING. Have a read about it here. I also went back to a short piece I wrote about Glengarriff, a small town in Ireland I have some connection to. I might spit and polish it and post it here for my own gratification.

In the meantime a big girl professional blog spruiking for work is on the way. Probably. I think so ... we'll see ...

PS: How about the Julia/Kevin imagery I posted in May. Am I a Canberra insider?

PPS: The book pictured here is 2010 Birds of a Feather diary by Jean Lowe and Greg Johnson, truly gorgeous and currently not in use at my place.

31 comments:

楊容茂楊容茂 said...

好文章就值得回響,如果可以常常看到您的更新,應該是件很幸福的事情~~............................................................

宥妃宥妃 said...

想別人怎樣對你,你便怎樣對待別人。.......................................................

盈廖生家秀蔡 said...

HELLO~幫你推個文^^..................................................................

陳佑發 said...

希望能常常看到你的更新..................................................................

陳佑發 said...

很棒的BLOG....趕快推薦給我朋友..................................................................

憲妤 said...

道歉是人類一定必要的禮節..................................................

琬安琬安 said...

i trust everything will be fine. bless you!............................................................

謝俊銘 said...

Some people cannot see the wood for the trees.............................................................

RicoLisi0802志竹 said...

Seeing is believing.百聞不如一見............................................................

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

DaniloM_W志竹olff0615 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗..................................................

國林維 said...

~~天天開心~~祝您快樂~~............................................................

李v吳俊其彥柏 said...

A contented mind is a perpetual feast.............................................................

陳林美純易南 said...

婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。.................................................................

韋雅萍志 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

佳陳容 said...

一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤..................................................

智鄭鄭堯智鄭鄭堯 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼.................................................................

承王蓁 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

家唐銘 said...

完成一個小目標,會把自己推向一個大目標............................................................

佳陳容 said...

活是一種鍛鍊靈魂的東西..................................................................

蕙陳春宗陳穎 said...

臨淵羨魚,不如退而結網。......................................................

吉芝彬水芝彬吉水 said...

當最困難的時候,也就是離成功不遠的時候。..................................................

廷淑君淑君伸 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果......................................................................

江趙雲虹趙雲虹仁昆 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債............................................................

48684 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!期待~~............................................................

國林林林林維 said...

認清問題就等於已經解決了一半的問題。..................................................

靜蔡蔡蔡蔡怡 said...

感謝分享 功德無量............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

謝謝大大的分享 我會學會反省與寬容 感恩 ∩△∩............................................................

張佳穎 said...

It is never too late to learn. ............................................................

舒圣明 said...

看著你的BLOG 好多朋友都回應 真厲害..................................................

孫邦柔 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.. ... ............................................................